Window treatments is the broader category name that covers everything from window blinds, shades, shutters, drapes, curtains, etc. Floor to Ceiling has an extensive selection of window treatments for you to choose from with the top names in the industry including Norman, Graber and MetroShade.
Custom Window Treatments
With a wide range of styles, colors, and textures, custom window treatments can perfectly complete and pull together your space. With craftsmanship and dedicated expertise in creating each and every window fashion, it ensures a customized solution that is both beautiful and functional.
Window treatments regulate the sun’s rays to control temperature and create healthier, more energy-efficient homes.
Cellular shades in particular provide an extra layer of insulation, keeping heat and cold from penetrating windows, conserving energy year-round.
Questions to Ask Yourself to Find the Right Window Treatments
Window treatments should be functional, yet add to the beauty of the room, and complement your style. They can open up a view, create a serene and quiet room for rest, and protect furnishings and artwork from harmful UV rays. They can also play a large role in conserving energy in your home.
From the look and style to convenience, durability and efficiency, there are dozens of important factors to consider before you when choose new blinds, shades, shutters, and drapes. Here are some of the key questions to ask yourself that will help define the look of your home.
- How will the room be used? For work, relaxation, or entertaining? Is the room formal or informal in style? This will help define the ideal design style for your window treatments.
- Will there be electronic screens in the room, including televisions, computer monitors, or other devices that are sensitive to glare?
- What is the exposure to the sun? If your windows have a southern or western exposure, the room temperature could fluctuate greatly.
Direct sunlight can also bleach textiles unevenly.
- Are there children or pets in your home? If so, look for window treatments with safety features (such as motorized lift and cordless lift), in materials that are easy to clean and maintain.
- Is privacy a concern? This is a key consideration for bedrooms and bathrooms. We have products to offer privacy to any room, including wood blinds, light filtering sheer drapes, blackout shades and more.
- How much light control do you need? For maximum control at your fingertips, consider horizontal or vertical blinds.
- Do you open the windows frequently? Do you need easy access to clean the windows? Before choosing window treatments, always consider the function of the window as well as the design. If you are opening and closing the window often, you may want to consider a lighter blind or shade.
- Do you want to maintain a view? Consider the bottom up/top down option, available on cellular, Roman, pleated, and natural shades.
Are there architectural elements in the room that you need to take into consideration? Think about window cranks, window air conditioners, baseboard heaters, light switches, wall sockets, crown molding, beams, and chair rails, as you plan the size and scale of your window treatments.
Once you have answered these questions and determined your needs and style, you are ready to start working with a Floor to Ceiling consultant on choosing window treatments to enhance your home décor. At Floor to Ceiling, we’re dedicated to working with you every step of the way to ensure you get the right look – and the right direct-discount price! — to complement your own personal style.